At Wagan, we are always growing, always learning, and always improving for the better. We believe in measuring our success by the impact we make in people’s lives.
For nearly 38 years, Wagan's mission has been to use the company as a vessel to improve the livelihoods of those we come in contact with. Our involvement in the community and worldwide are both personal and heartfelt.
Here are just a few highlights of how Wagan helped the livelihoods of people around the world:
- In post-earthquake Haiti, we partnered with organizations like Sirona Cares to provide power to underserved communities. These partnerships allowed university students to develop business models as well as villagers to build sustainable businesses. The focus was, rather than giving hand-outs, to provide a means for Haitians to empower themselves for long-term sustainability.
- As an ongoing NGO project in different parts of Latin America, we provide power inverters and solar lighting for Solar Farming projects. In turn these projects power villages and enable a better life for the residents while allowing education to flourish in rural communities.
- At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic while supplies were non-existent, Wagan partnered with local makers and church communities to build and distribute over 5,000 sets of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for Medical Staff and First Responders in the U.S.
- We continue to support and promote other worthy causes such as "Keep Our Desert Clean", Volunteer firefighters, and public safety workers in the United States..
- In 2020, Wagan sponsored and participated in the first of many Mojave Desert National Preserve cleanup with Overland Bound. In that event, over 15 tons of trash was picked up and disposed of. In 2021, we will be participating in more cleanups in the Mojave Desert and beyond so we can do our part to keep public lands accessible and open.
We believe the true measure of a company is the willingness to use their own resources for the benefit of others.