Customer Question: I need wall power while camping!

Posted on 6/27/2016 by Justin G. (Consumer Marketing)


I'm going car camping in a month and want to bring along some of my kitchen appliances. I know this sounds funny, but we want to power a blender, fan, and other small items on our trip. Is there even a way to get wall power while car camping, and if so, what do you offer that can power these items?


This is a question that we get asked all of the time, and I look forward to answering you with the ideal solution!

Per our previous correspondences we found that your blender is the highest wattage appliance that you'll be powering (1000 Watts) and you won't be running multiple appliances at one time. 

In response to your question if there is a way to get wall power while car camping, the answer is: YES! An appropriate size power inverter will provide you with the power you need from your vehicle's battery.

A power inverter takes the 12 volt DC (Direct Current) power from your car battery and converts it to 120 volt AC (Alternating Current) power like that of the wall outlet in your house.

We recommend that you always select an inverter that has a capacity 20% greater than you expect to need. Since your blender requires a maximum wattage of 1000 watts, a 1200 watt or greater inverter would be ideal for your needs.

Wagan Tech 1500 Watt Inverter - front bladed 2

Your ideal solution would be our 1500 watt inverter (we do not offer a 1200 watt inverter) as this will provide all of the power you need with ample room to spare. You could run the blender and another appliance that is 500 watts or less at the same time with this inverter since it is a True Rated Inverter


For more Inverter information, see our other Inverter Blog or call us at 1.800.231.5806



Links in this article:

Wagan Tech AC Inverter 1500 Watt

TrueRated Power: Truth in Advertising

Blog: Understanding Inverters and How-to select the one that is right for you

Wagan Tech Customer Service



Share this Article: