We want your 2017 camping season to be great; here are a few helpful tips and ideas to make you next outdoor adventure one to remember!
|•Tent Footprint||•Sleeping Pad||•Cookware|
|•Tent Repair Kit||•Pillow||•Utensils|
|•Tent Stakes||•Tent Lighting||•Firestarter|
|•BackPack||•Toilet & T.P.||•First Aid|
|•Solar Charger||•Towel||•Table & Chairs|
|•Headlamp||•Permits (Fire/Camp)||•Power Supply|
Of course this list is not comprehensive and will need to be altered depending on where you camp + expected weather forecasts. Be sure that you bring any medications that you are required to take, and bring more than enough water for everyone in your party.
• Place tent on a footprint (tarp) and be sure it is a flat surface. I like to bring a small rake with me to clear away pine needles, bark, rocks, under-growth, etc.
• If your tent has tie-lines, place them where people won't trip on them (wrapping the lines with foam "pool noodles" works great for visibility!)
• Keep the inside of the tent clean and dry
• A small hand broom makes easy work of cleaning the inside of the tent
• A large duvet or quilt on the tent floor makes great insulation and padding
• Let the tent "air-out" while you pack up camp so you don't get mold or mildew
• Stay organized - Large stackable containers are a great way to pack and store gear
• Create a safe burn area around your fire pit - here is another use for that rake!
• Keep camp clean. Keep trash out of reach of critters, food away from bears!
• Pack out what you bring in! Never discard your trash anywhere else but an approved trash receptacle. Don't Litter!
• Be sure to extinguish all flames prior to leaving - this includes stoves and lanterns
• Leave the place better than you found it.
Like you, we love ♥ the outdoors! We use the very same products that we sell; it helps us to understand, evaluate and test all of our products. Here are some of my must-have products for camping:
• Solar Panel 18W - Without a doubt, this is my favorite item. I can charge my phone, tablet, GPS, and power my 10" 12V DC fan... all from the free energy of the Sun! It will also charge my #CampLites!
• #CampLites - With a Dome Lantern in the Tent and the Pop-Up Lantern/Flashlight in hand, you really don't need any other lights while camping.
• SlimLine Inverter - By simply attaching to my truck battery, I have 120V AC power anywhere I need it (the same as your house's wall outlets). Perfect for box fans, tools, and a blender!
• JumpBoost Power Supply - Being in remote areas, it's nice to have peace of mind. The JumpBoost has 12V DC power, jumper cables, and an air compressor to ensure that I don't get stranded.
• 12/24V DC Extension Cord - This is a great way to extend the reach of your vehicle's cigarette lighter socket!
• Quick-Set Compressor - A must have for my truck (especially my trailer) tires - just turn the dial to the desired pressure, turn the compressor on, and the tires will air up on their own (and the compressor will automatically shut-off!). It's a win-win.
I have included a short list of great resources that you can use to help you find and be safe on your next adventure!
|Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||National Park Service (NPS)|
|U.S. Forest Service (USDA)||Free CampSites|
|Your State's Park Service||Your Local County Park|